Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Going Forth

s Life Challenges Us to Ask An Important Question Going Forth

China inwards the belatedly 1800s wasn't prophylactic or friendly for foreigners. But Johathan as well as Rosalind Goforth left Canada as well as gave upwards comfort, convenience as well as security to portion Christ alongside the Chinese people.

Conditions were hard as well as demanding, as well as they ended upwards losing 3 of their children to disease. 

During the Boxer Revolution anti-Christian soldiers trounce Jonathan roughly decease as well as the Goforths fled for their lives. But equally before long equally Red People's Republic of China re-opened to foreigners, they returned.

Their lives were a reflection of the words of Paul inwards Philippians 3:7-14:  
"I see everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I own got lost all things. I see them garbage ... I press on to accept concur of that for which Christ Jesus took concur of me." 

Today I'm quest what things inwards my life I should see "garbage" for the sake of Christ. I promise you'll live on prompted to inquire the same. 
-------------
For some other inspiring devotion surrounding the Boxer Revolution:
Their Love Destroyed His Hatred

Image source public domain

s Life Challenges Us to Ask An Important Question Going Forth

Bible Love Notes