Monday, March 29, 2021

Simple, Profound, True

s Anna Warner wrote a poesy form that her sis Susan included inwards 1 of her pop Christian  Simple, Profound, True

In the 1800’s Anna Warner wrote a poesy form that her sis Susan included inwards 1 of her pop Christian novels. William Bradbury discovered the poem, added a refrain, as well as pose it to music. 

The start 2 lines of the poesy form are mayhap the nearly good known of whatever Christian hymn: 

Jesus loves me! This I know, For the Bible tells me so. 

When Karl Barth, a well-known twentieth century theologian, was asked to summarize the nearly profound truths from the thousands of pages of Christian theology books he'd written, he said, 

“Jesus loves me! this I know, For the Bible tells me so.” 

Easy plenty for a tyke to understand, accurate plenty for a theologian. 

May I never forget this profound, magnificent, wonderful truth: 

Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so! 

"God loved the basis then much that he gave his alone Son, then that everyone who believes inwards him may non choke simply bring eternal life." John 3:16

s Anna Warner wrote a poesy form that her sis Susan included inwards 1 of her pop Christian  Simple, Profound, True