Saturday, January 30, 2021

Less, Non More

Rachel Saint loved Jesus plenty to surrender a life of luxury for a life of hardships inward the Less, Not More

"What would yous direct maintain done, Emma?" 

"I intend I'd direct maintain chosen the inheritance." 

My 10-year-old granddaughter too I were discussing an result from the biography of Rachel Saint: 

Mrs. Parmalee, a childless millionaire, asked 17-year-old Rachel Saint if she'd dice her traveling companion, touring the cities of Europe, dining too shopping alongside the rich too famous. If Rachel agreed, Mrs. Parmalee would brand Rachel heir to her millions. 

But Rachel felt God had called her to mission go inward the jungles of South America, too thus she declined this offer. 

I appreciated my granddaughter's honesty well-nigh what she'd in all likelihood do, too I admitted that when I was 17, I'd in all likelihood direct maintain taken Mrs. Parmalee's offering too. But I added that we'd direct maintain chosen less, non more.

Rachel Saint ministered to the tribe who killed her blood brother too lived inward hard weather her entire life, only she inherited far greater treasure than Mrs. Parmalee had to offering (Matthew 6:19-20). 

What would yous direct maintain chosen at 17? How well-nigh today?


Rachel Saint loved Jesus plenty to surrender a life of luxury for a life of hardships inward the Less, Not More

Bible Love Notes