Monday, January 11, 2021

Don't Trivialize God's Name!

Many folks knowingly in addition to unknowingly trivialize God Don't Trivialize God's Name!
Psalm eighteen offers us unopen to wonderful names for God, plumbing equipment of His awesome nature...

We tend to give God names beneath Him similar "my biggest fan," "the human upstairs" or "my co-pilot."*

This is partly because nosotros don't fully sympathise the majesty in addition to wonder of our God. And a proficient way to ameliorate our agreement is to read the Psalms. 

For example, inwards a unmarried Psalm (Psalm 18), David calls God: 

♥ My Strength
♥ My Rock
♥ My Fortress
♥ My Deliverer
♥ My Shield
♥ My Horn of Salvation
♥ My Stronghold
♥ The Most High
♥ My Support
♥ My Savior

These names don't fully depict our God--no words tin give notice fully comprise Him, only they are worthy names describing of import aspects of His character.

Why non read through the Psalms in addition to cash inwards one's chips on a listing of names used for God. And add together unopen to worthy names of your ain based on your ain experiences alongside God's faithfulness.

If y'all postulate unopen to inspiration, head to "Powerful Praise"  which I recommended previously. It is good worth the half-dozen minutes it takes to withdraw heed it.
------------------------
* All of these names are used inwards a positive sense, only they guide maintain unopen to serious flaws. We role the term "fan" to hateful a sports or celebrity enthusiast or a mortal who greatly admires unopen to other (it appears to live on derived from "fanatic" which agency unreasoning zeal). God loves us deeply, only calling Him our fan puts Him inwards an inferior position. It is to a greater extent than appropriate to tell nosotros are His biggest fans, although it's non the best role of the give-and-take fifty-fifty inwards that case.  The human upstairs...well, I don't cry upwardly I actually postulate to explicate why this advert is unworthy of our Almighty Creator God. And God is nobody's co-pilot. He's non submitted to us nor equal alongside us. 
---------------

Many folks knowingly in addition to unknowingly trivialize God Don't Trivialize God's Name!
Why non add together unopen to to a greater extent than of God's Word to your schedule past times having a 1-minute devotion delivered to your e-mail each weekday. Sign upwardly for a complimentary subscription to Bible Love Notes in addition to cash inwards one's chips a complimentary e-booklet. Find out to a greater extent than HERE.

Many folks knowingly in addition to unknowingly trivialize God Don't Trivialize God's Name!