Tuesday, December 8, 2020

It Is Good Amongst My Soul

t immature adult woman the even behind this famous hymn It Is Well With My Soul

1870 - His 4-year-old boy dies of Scarlet Fever.
1871- He loses almost of his fortune inward the Great Chicago Fire.
1873- his 4 daughters, traveling ahead of him to England, are drowned.

After these events, Horatio Spafford sails to bring together his wife, the alone survivor inward his family, in addition to when he reaches the topographic point inward the sea where his daughters drowned, he writes the hymn "It Is Well With My Soul."

When peace, similar a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows similar sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is good amongst my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ hath regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His ain blood for my soul.

Spafford's tragic life in addition to persevering faith produced this hymn that has comforted Christians for to a greater extent than than 150 years. 

Truly "our comfort abounds through Christ" (2 Corinthians 1:3-5).

Find the consummate vocal lyrics HERE
You tin flame psyche to the vocal HERE
More details: Elisabeth Elliot Meets the Hymn writer's Surviving Daughter

Why non add together about to a greater extent than of God's Word to your schedule past times having a 1-minute devotion delivered to your electronic mail each weekday. Sign upward for a complimentary subscription to Bible Love Notes in addition to teach a complimentary e-booklet. Find out to a greater extent than HERE.

t immature adult woman the even behind this famous hymn It Is Well With My Soul