Monday, December 9, 2019

Did Jesus Actually Say That? Must Nosotros Obey Onetime Will Laws?

Do non recall that I convey come upward to abolish the Law or the Prophets Did Jesus Really Say That? Must We Obey Old Testament Laws?

"Do non recall that I convey come upward to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I convey non come upward to abolish them but to fulfill them." Jesus, Matthew 5:17

Jesus didn't abolish Old Testament law. 

Does that hateful nosotros however must obey it?

No.

Christ fulfilled the police pull as well as prophets.

In Christ, nosotros alive nether grace, non police pull (Romans 6:14; Galatians 3:11).

We convey the power, desire, as well as responsibleness to alive obedient lives (Romans 8:9-14). But nosotros obey New Testament commands based on the deeper spiritual pregnant of the police pull - the fulfillment of the police pull - non only the "letter of the law" (Matthew 5:20-48).

Grace isn’t a license to sin (Romans 6:1-6). It’s our motivation as well as ability to overcome sin.

As Paul as well as then aptly explained:

“His grace to me was non without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet non I, but the grace of God that was alongside me." Paul, 1 Corinthians 15:10

----------------------------------

Note: We are no longer required to obey dietary, ceremonial, cleansing, as well as sacrificial laws (Romans 14:17; Colossians 2:16-17).
See: Which Old Testament Laws Apply Today 

Do non recall that I convey come upward to abolish the Law or the Prophets Did Jesus Really Say That? Must We Obey Old Testament Laws?

Bible Love Notes