Saturday, July 25, 2020

Are Yous Certain Yous Aren't Religious?

We modern Christians are proud to country nosotros accept a human relationship alongside Jesus Are You Sure You Aren't Religious?

Modern Christians are quick to country nosotros accept a relationship, non exactly a religion.

Even though faith isn't necessarily a bad word, nosotros associate it alongside rituals in addition to formulas, non dear in addition to relationship.(1) 

But produce nosotros genuinely sympathise the difference? 

Much of it has to produce alongside motivation.

Religion is nearly manipulating God, non next Him. The motive is earning health, wealth, comfort, or happiness.

Religion says: "Obey God's commands in addition to I'll larn what I deserve."

Love says: "Obey God's commands because that's what He deserves" (Psalm 103).

Religion says: "If I produce this for God, He'll produce this for me."(2)

Love says: "I desire to produce this for God because I dear Him" (Philippians 3:7-8).

Religion says: "God has permit me down. I did what He said in addition to things aren't going well."

Love says: "I don't sympathise why this is happening, but I'm trusting Jesus anyway" (1 Thessalonians 5:18).
-----------------
(1) The discussion "religion" is used both positively (James 1:27) in addition to negatively inwards Scripture (Acts 17:22; 2 timothy 3:5). However, modern Christians typically associate the discussion alongside an outward, shallow, legalistic belief organization versus a faith built on Biblical principles in addition to motives. That is how it is used inwards this devotion.
(2) Name-it-claim-it is ane of the manipulative religions pop inwards the modern church. It's laced alongside superstition: "If I country I'm sick, I'll hold upwards sick. If I country I'm well, I'll hold upwards well. If I pray a certainly means in addition to utter a certainly way, I'll hold upwards good for you lot in addition to wealthy." (See the Power in addition to Limit of Words.) And it's based on eternal promises, non earthly promises (see Future Promises). 


We modern Christians are proud to country nosotros accept a human relationship alongside Jesus Are You Sure You Aren't Religious?