Sunday, September 1, 2019

The Influenza Changed My Perspective On Christmas

How Being Sick Gave Me a New Perspective The Flu Changed My Perspective on Christmas

I had my plans: teach all my Christmas projects started the showtime calendar week inwards Dec spell my married adult man visited his parents. 

Then I got the flu.

How Being Sick Gave Me a New Perspective The Flu Changed My Perspective on Christmas
Instead of wearing my shopping shoes, I wore jammies for a week.

The tree stood undecorated, my vacation sewing too decorating projects sat inwards idle stacks. 

When I felt similar eating, I barely had unloosen energy to cook my ain food, permit solitary bake too freeze for the holidays similar I'd planned.  

It striking me where I lived: What is Christmas actually about? 

Is it theme on getting all these projects done? 

Or is it a fourth dimension to irksome downwards too reflect, a fourth dimension to create those things that are meaningful to me too my solid unit of measurement without getting too thus stressed, buying too thus much, eating too thus much, expecting too thus much?

This Christmas, let's non permit our projects teach far the means of seeking Christ first (Matthew 6:33).
copyright 2012, Bible Love Notes
Would you lot similar to read other 1-minute Christmas devotions from the archives? Christmas Archives